Sunday, August 1, 2010

Crepes and Croissants and Espresso, Oh My!

We just arrived back from our weekend trip to Paris and I am stuffed. I didn't know it was physically possible to consume that much food, specifically food laden with butter, in such a short period of time. The croissants, the crepes, the desserts. How can a girl say no? Especially, after spending two weeks in the land of soup, sandwiches and pie. Though, as I'm sure you've seen in a previous post, I have learned to love British pies, but then I began to wonder if that was simply because I've been stuck eating British food for an extended period of time. French food, though not nearly as satisfying as far as heft goes, certainly pleases the palette on a much higher level. However, French food is better than the eats found in most places, so you have to consider the fact that perhaps British food isn't actually that bad, but only seems mediocre because it is compared to French food so often due to such close proximity.

No matter what the result of that last thought is, I feel the need to rehash everything I ate in Paris in the last 2 1/2 days.
Friday:
1 croissant
Lunch cruise: small fish salady thing, chicken over couscous and pistachio ice cream with apricots
1 croissant aux amandes
Oceane salad

Saturday:
falafel sandwich
1 nutella crepe
a tiny bit of a strawberry millefuille
fish soup
most of a humongous pot of mussels
part of a trio of sorbets

Sunday:
Thickest hot chocolate ever, most of a ganache tart
chicken pita sandwich dealie
1 croissant
some peanut m&ms
some sour cream & onion pringles
tomato soup with crackers

All I can say is UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment