Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Que Sera, Sera

Well, it's over. I feel as though I've been in London forever, but at the same time like I just got here. I will try not to cry, but no promises. I believe that the prospect of leaving has rendered me absolutely pathetic, seeing as how I just spent two hours washing a week's worth of dishes in someone else's flat in order to avoid packing because packing means I'm leaving.

Aside from the obvious absence of my special little Gia, you all know who I mean, this trip has been amazing and pretty much everything I could have hoped for. What do I feel that I have gotten out of this trip? Good question. Hmmm. My love for London was rekindled (that was terrible use of the past tense--get over it), I had the opportunity to meet up with a couple great friends who I rarely, if ever, get to see anymore, I accomplished some serious shopping that probably left my bank account in tears and my closet overjoyed, made some new friends, and had the opportunity to experience London in a very different light than I had on my last trip thanks to more exploring and a mellower group of companions.

I will forever remember this trip and hope to return over and over again if I don't accomplish my dream of moving here.

No comments:

Post a Comment