Thursday, July 29, 2010

Let's Talk About Pie

If you're in the US, you're probably thinking "Pie? What kind of pie? Apple? Cherry? Peach?" None of the above. I'm talking chicken and leek, mushroom and asparagus, steak and onion. Sound gross? Sounds yummy to me. Since arriving here 2 weeks ago, I have discovered the wonderfulness that is English pie. It's good for every meal as well as any snack in between. I just had a steak and onion pie from Sainsbury's and it was amazing, even though I put it in the microwave. The other day I had a wild mushroom and asparagus pie and I fell in love. Why don't we have such a thing in the states??? We sure are missing out. Instead, we have the disgusting frozen treat known as hot pockets. Hot pockets are not good, nor are they filling. Pies are both delicious and satisfy any hunger. Oh yeah, the US has chicken pot pie. One pathetic option that half the time isn't that good. That's nonsense! You hear me over there across the pond? Nonsense! When I get home, I expect to find pie shops that serve savory options and supermarkets that have reheatable pasties. You better be ready United States of America, if that really is your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment