Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jack and Jill Went Up the Hill to Fetch a Pail of Intestines

Lynn, Katy, Kaitlin, and I had the pleasure of attending a Jack the Ripper walking tour this evening and boy was it a blast. After hearing a number of theories on who he was and what happened to him in the end, I have come up with my own ideas that I will share with you.

First, who was Jack the Ripper? I'm not truly sure because I haven't heard all the evidence, but I think I have a better grasp on the suspect than the London police did back in 1888. Why you ask? Because we now have this concept called profiling. Serials killers never turn out to be who you think they are. They're very often quite charming individuals who lead normal lives and it's always shocking to the community when they discover who the murder is. For this reason, I definitely do not believe the killer was the bootmaker with the leather apron. That would be too obvious. I wouldn't be surprised if it was some regular joe who lived in the East end and hung out at all the local spots. Maybe he even had a wife or girlfriend who didn't know where he disappeared to at night.

As far as his sudden disappearance goes, I originally liked the theory that he left London and possibly headed to the US, but I don't know anything about any murders in the US that were similar. And if there's one thing I have learned from many years of watching Cold Case, Law and Order: SVU and CSI, serial killers don't just stop killing. Something has to force them to stop. My guess, therefore, is that he died himself somehow, maybe in a bar fight, maybe from something else.

If you have other theories or evidence to share, feel free to comment on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment