Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Spot of Tea

I just returned to my flat from an afternoon tea at the British Museum and have only one thing to say. That was a lot of food. Now, I am an eater. I don't just like food, but rather, I can out eat most full grown men and still have room for dessert. A large meal is nothing foreign to me, but this was still a lot of food. Perhaps I shouldn't have eaten the remainder of my goldfish crackers while taking a load off in my flat around 1400, but I didn't think a handful of those orange, crunchy wonders would effect me in the long run. I was sadly mistaken. I understand that typically one tea service may be shared by two or three people, but this was still a ton of food.










After stuffing myself beyond full, I began to ponder the heaviness of the offerings, wondering how anyone can eat that stuff and then go on with her day. I know many foods in the US are terrible for you, e.g. Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and a million other options, but yet we don't have items like clotted cream, which could probably cause major arterial blockages from simply a spoonful. How healthy are people who live here anyway? They may not appear to be overweight, particularly in London, but yet they eat tons of toast slathered in butter and pies for every meal. Are they all walking around town with svelte bodies but insides that are curdled with milk solids?

No comments:

Post a Comment