Thursday, July 15, 2010

Let the Fun Begin

After a 6 hour red-eye flight where I was lucky enough to have a row to myself which allowed for plenty of sleep, I was incredibly excited to be back in my beloved London. Navigating the transportation available thanks to the Heathrow Express was a cinch, as was grabbing a taxi, even if the queue was quite extensive. The rude awakening did not occur until after I grasped in my hand the small, brown envelope containing my swipe ID and flat key. With all the enthusiasm in the world, I grabbed by luggage and headed for my building, only to come face to face with one of the narrowest and steepest staircases I had ever encountered in my 28 years.


With all the strength I could muster, I trudged up three flights of those suckers, stopping constantly to prevent myself from falling backwards, which would have put a serious damper on this three week adventure of mine. Once I successfully completed my trek, I discovered that my flat is located at the top of the building in what feels very "Harry Potter" under the stairs broom closet, but in a good way.

After unpacking and taking a much-needed shower, I headed out with a couple other ladies to explore the area a bit. What a wonderful neighbourhood we are located in, with tons of shops, eateries and cultural locations. We are only two blocks from the theatre that is showing "We Will Rock You". It does not get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment